- Home /
- The Breastfeeding Book by Dr. Sears
- We Also Recommend
The new Breastfeeding Bible for nursing mothers.
The Breastfeeding Book by Dr. Sears is a encyclopedic guide to the art and science of breastfeeding. It enables all women to experience and enjoy one of nature's most rewarding relationships.
In recent years ther has been a tremendous resurgence of interest in breastfeeding as women have discovered its unparalleled benefits to both mother and child. However, first-time mothers often lack the support and the knowledge they need to breastfeed successfully. Books on breastfeeding frequently fail to address the practical challenges that confront many women - especially women who work outside the home - when they choose to breastfeed.
The Breastfeeding Book by Dr. Sears includes information on:
- Getting started, with illustrated tips for getting your baby latched on properly.
- Increasing your milk supply.
- Breastfeeding in absentia
- Pumps and the new technology associated with breastfeeding.
- Making sure your nursing baby gets proper nutrition.
- Breast milk vs. formula.
- Breastfeeding and fertility.
- Nurtrition and fitness while breastfeeding.
- Nighttime breastfeeding.
- The father's role in breastfeeding.
- Toddler nursing and natural weaning.
- and much more!
Taking a realistic, contemporary approach, the Searses bring an age-old practice completely up to date. Their encyclopedic guide to the art and science of breastfeeding enables all women to experience a rewarding breastfeeding relationship.
William Sears, MD, and Martha Sears, RN, are the pediatrics experts to whom parents are increasingly turning for advice and information on all aspects of pregnancy, birth, childcare and family nutrition. Dr. Sears was trained at Harvard Medical School's Children's Hospital and Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children. He has practices pediatrics for nearly thirty years. Martha Sears is a registered nurse, certified birth educator and breastfeeding consultant.
Paperback. 258 pages.