- We Also Recommend
Prepare for a safe and joyful birth
The Birth Book by Dr. Sears is a comprehensive, reassuring, and authoritative guide to childbirth. It is rich in information as well as inspiration that enables you to plan and create the birth you want.
Since women enjoy more birthing options today than ever before, the path toward a safe and satisfying birth can be fraught with important decisions. Planning, understanding the resources available to you, as well as developing your own birthing philosophy can make all the difference. This book explores the abundant choices couples face when anticipating the birth of their child.
The Birth Book by Dr. Sears Includes Information on:
- Selecting the right birthing environment and team
- Preparing physically and emotionally for childbirth
- Using prenatal tests and technology wisely
- Defining the father's role
- Selecting a childbirth class
- Lessening the discomfort and speeding the process of labour
- Choosing or avoiding anesthesia
- Finding the birthing position that's best for you and your baby
- Decreasing your chances for a cesarean birth
- Turning a surgical birth into a rewarding experience
As the parents of eight children and as medical professionals with nearly three decades of experience, Dr. Bill and Martha Sears are uniquely qualified to answer virtually every question you might have about the birth process. Their one-of-a-kind guide enables you to plan and create the birth you want.
William Sears, MD, and Martha Sears, RN, are the pediatrics experts to whom parents are increasingly turning for advice and information on all aspects of pregnancy, birth, childcare and family nutrition. Dr. Sears was trained at Harvard Medical School's Children's Hospital and Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children. He has practices pediatrics for nearly thirty years. Martha Sears is a registered nurse, certified birth educator and breastfeeding consultant.
Paperback. 269 pages.