- We Also Recommend
Anointment Natural Baby Oil ... pure, natural oil for sensitive skin.
A clean, gentle baby oil made free of petroleum products, dyes, artificial fragrances and preservatives. Parents who wish to use baby oil without risking environmental or health-related consequences choose a handmade, natural baby oil with plant-based essential oils and absolutely NO toxins. This is as safe as it gets!
Anointment Natural Skin Care Baby Oil is a moisturizing, sweet smelling oil infused with organically grown chamomile and lavender flowers. For use during pregnancy to nourish, condition and support the skin, helping to minimize the appearance of stretch marks. Great for infant massage, after bath or before bed to pamper baby's skin. Also makes a great eye makeup remover for mom and a wonderfully gentle, all-natural personal lubricant.
Why you'll love Anointment's Natural Baby Oil:
- Only food-grade ingredients are used in our Natural Baby Oil. Just pure natural oils for your pure natural baby.
- No toxins! Free of petroleum products, dyes, artificial fragrances and preservatives.
- Leaves pregnant skin soft, supple & nourished, helping to minimize the appearance of stretch marks.
- Safe for baby's skin, natural oils will nourish the skin keeping it soft, healthy & glowing.
- Great for baby massage, you don't need to worry if baby puts their hand in their mouth.
- Also works as an eye makeup remover, a lovey addition to a bath for baby or mom, helps to soften cradle cap naturally, and is a wonderfully gentle, all-natural personal lubricant.
- Will not dry out skin or clog pores like petroleum-based products.
- Healthy "food" for your skin, natural baby oil allows your skin to breathe, filter, absorb & excretes toxins rather than impair these vital functions.
- Mindfully made in Canada, in small batches.
What's wrong with traditional baby oil?
It's a common misconception that baby oil (also known as mineral oil, but containing artificial fragrance) is good for a baby's skin. Here's what Vimala McClure, the "mother of baby massage" and founder of the first international association for infant massage, has to say about baby oil and infant massage:
"For a number of reasons, I prefer cold-pressed fruit and/or vegetable oils to mass-produced, commercially advertised "baby oils." What we put on our skin is absorbed into the body and circulates throughout, carried by lymph, a liquid like blood that cleanses the body of toxins and carries away waste. If we are going to use a topical application on our little ones, we quite naturally want to use a product that will nourish them rather than one that may actually rob them of vital nutrients, being nonorganic and petroleum based. Most "baby oils" are primarily made of mineral oil. To make mineral oil, gasoline and kerosene are removed from crude petroleum by heating, in a method call functional distillation. By using sulfuric acid, applying absorbents, and washing with solvents and alkalis, hydrocarbons and other chemicals are then removed."
Your baby oil is only one product containing mineral oil. Many sunscreens and beauty products contain it as well. Consider all-natural, food-grade products for your baby, your children and yourself. Your health is worth it!
Ingredients: Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower*, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil~, Tocopherol (Vitamin E) *Certified Organic by OCPP/Pro-Cert Canada Inc. ~Certified Organic