300 wacky, wild, mind-bending facts about everything on Earth and beyond!
At last, all those weird but true facts that readers of National Geographic Kids love so much are collected into a fun-filled book that you'll come back to again and again!
Weird But True is based on the hugely popular magazine page of quirky, fun facts that many readers of National Geographic Kids magazine turn to first. Why? Well did you know that...
- Peanut butter can be converted into a diamond?
- The world's oldest pet goldfish lived to be 43 years old?
- The world's longest soap bubble was as long as four school buses?
- On Neptune, the wind blows up to 1,243 miles an hour?
- An elephant's tooth can weigh as much as a bowling ball?
All of the facts in this handy book will amaze friends and family: Animals Superpowers, Chills and Thrills, Eat or Be Eaten, Mini and Mega, Wild and Crazy, and much, much more. Adjacent pages for such facts present a one-paragraph explanation of how that fact is possible or why it is so. Wacky facts, fascinating information, and lively art combine in this easy-to-browse, casual reference book that is sure to give young readers hours of fun.
Size: 6 1/2" x 6 1/2", softcover; 208 pages
Ages: 6 and up