Wooden Knitting Spool ... traditional toys for discerning parents.
Our Wooden Knitting Spool enables children and adult beginners to practice the essentials of knitting. Also known as a Knitting Nancy (or Ned), Knitting Tower or Knitting Knobby, this wooden tower enables children to start knitting right away. Whether the final creation is a strap to hold a doll in a stroller, a headband, a band to tie on a silk or a rope to hoist up a heavy basket, our 100% birch wooden knitting tower holds their stitches while fingers freely move the yarn.
Our Wooden Knitting Spool is a simple first knitting tool for children.
- Knitting spools combine knitting and weaving for endless, creative, knit possibilities.
- Handicrafts improve concentration and focus.
- A wonderful introduction to fiber crafts.
- Easy to use for children age 5 and up. Great for adults too!
- Boys and girls alike enjoy making knitted chain creations.
- Knit a bracelet, belt, scarf, garlands, doll accessories, reins for play cowboys and more.
- A great travel toy to keep children occupied - compact enough for a car ride or plane trip.
- Traditional toys for discerning parents.
- 100% natural Birch wood, 3" long and 1.3" diameter.
- Each end of spool offers a different weave - it's like two spools in one!
- Price is for one (1) wooden spool and starter wool.
- Made in the USA.
One end of the knitting tower offers a tight stitch 6-pin knot, and the reverse side offers a stretchy stitch 4-pin knot. A complete knitting kit, your knitting spool comes with a sample of hand spun and hand-dyed USA made wool. A timeless tradition!