EasyCare Woven Baby Wraps ... an Eco-concious versatile wrap.
Designed and woven entirely in Austria, with a sound environmental process, EasyCare woven wraps are incredibly soft, lightweight and supportive. The perfect woven wrap for beginners or experienced wrappers alike.
Made from 100% Oekotex cotton, the fine cotton twill fabric is designed to support the baby's head and back, and to comfortably spread the weight across the parent's back and shoulders. While the wraps are soft, slightly stretchy, and snug, they are sewn with a double hem on both sides to allow them to retain their shape and provide stability. The ends are square making it easier to ensure all the wrap is contained securely within the knot. The EasyCare Woven Baby Wrap comes with a drawstring bag in matching fabric and an instruction booklet.
Why you'll love an EasyCare Woven Baby Wrap Carrier:
- Style, comfort & versatility; an EasyCare Wrap does it all and more!
- Choose from vibrant, rich colours or neutral solids - only non-toxic, baby-safe dye.
- Superior fabric & construction with square ends making it easier to ensure all the wrap is contained securely within the knot.
- Lightweight, yet sturdy fabric make for a perfect combination; easy to manipulate with superior weight support & distribution.
- No predetermined shape or size - a one size fits all design.
- A custom fit for baby & caregiver for the most comfort & support in any carrier.
- Wrap-style carrier evenly distributes weight over both shoulders, back & hips for a comfortable carry.
- Adapts to you and your baby as your carrying needs change due to versatility in wrapping positions.
- Get creative with your baby wrap - the carrying positions are limitless.
- Cool & breathable in warmer conditions, yet not bulky under clothing in colder climates.
- The strength & support of a woven carrier is suitable for newborn to toddler, with a great width of approximately 72 cm.
- Forms comfortably around baby providing sufficient support with minimal 'bounce' or stretch.
- Easy to wash - just use warm water and hang to dry.
- Made in Austria using 100% Oekotex cotton & non-toxic dyes.
The supportive nature of a hand-woven cotton baby wrap such as the EasyCare means baby's position is maintained in the wrap and will not stretch out as you go about your day. A baby wrap hugs baby to the wearer, offering excellent support for both, that is not a strain to the neck, back or shoulders. Using only the highest quality materials, an EasyCare wrap is as comfortable, durable and practical as a baby carrier can be.
Sizing of the EasyCare Woven Wrap
The EasyCare Standard wrap is 5 yards/4.7m which allows for the maximum versatility you will want from your wrap. Considered the "one-size-fits-all" we've found that a 4.7 meter wrap will allow you to do the greatest variety of carries, including nursing a wrap, whether you are a size 4 or a size 16 (up to 6 feet tall or 180lbs). While some people prefer a shorter wrap with less fabric to play with, this will limit your tying options. With a slightly longer wrap, you can always tuck in the excess fabric, keeping it accessible for a variety of carries, when you become more experienced and adventurous in the future.
A long-time woven wrap enthusiast, the mama behind Parenting By Nature is excited to bring EasyCare woven wraps to parents in Canada.
Stormy Rainbows - A gorgeous Easycare Canadian Exclusive! This is a 100% cotton woven wrap with a light grey weft. We believe in sitting through the storms, for sunshine and rainbows will follow. This wrap captures this sentiment perfectly!
The Art of Wrapping; A Time-Honored Tradition
Baby wrapping is an ancient tradition that has been practiced for generations, and continues to be a popular practice in many cultures around the world. Truly one of the most versatile baby carriers available today, the wearing positions with a baby wrap carrier are countless due to the simplistic design; just a long, rectangular piece of cloth that you creatively drape around your body in such a way as to snuggle your baby into the folds created. While you have the flexibility to tie a baby wrap to your body in an unlimited number of ways, the most basic carry is one that drapes the fabric over both shoulders and around the torso to create a secure and comfortable pocket in front, to snuggle your little one in tummy-to-tummy.
While many people find that a baby wrap can be daunting at first glace, learning to tie a baby wrap is not as difficult as you might think. With a simple beginner carry, you will be able to position your baby in a variety of ways without having to learn any further tying techniques. However, if you're up to exploring the creative challenge that can arise from using a baby wrap, you'll quickly find that your tying options are endless.
What size EasyCare Wrap do I need?
The most important sizing consideration when it comes to a baby wrap baby carrier is whether or not you will have enough fabric for the multitude of wrapping positions you can put your baby in. For this reason, it is always preferable to size up. Even if you don't think you'll be doing the more complicated carries that may require more fabric, the option is always there with a slightly longer baby wrap. It's very disappointing to find out down the road when you have the time or inclination to experiment with your wrap, that an extra foot of fabric would have opened up many new carrying positions. A wrap that is slightly longer looks very elegant with a trailing tail at your side or down your back, but if this is bothersome, you can always add a simple straight hem to your carrier which can be taken out in the future, or tuck this extra trailing fabric into the folds of your wrap, once tied on.
The 4.7 meter wrap yields enough fabric to fit the majority of build types for a wide variety of baby carries.