Medela Harmony Breast Pump
The Medela Harmony Breast Pump is a manual, occasional breast pump. This pump is meant for mothers who like to pump for the times they are occasionally away from baby and unable to breastfeed. Also great for mothers who have difficulty with flat or inverted nipples.
Why you'll love the Medela Harmony Breast Pump:
- Lightweight & portable for on-the-go pumping.
- The only manual breastpump with 2-Phase Expression technology proven to extract more milk in less time when pumping in the Expression Phase.
- All parts that come into contact with breastmilk are BPA-free
- 24 mm PersonalFit breastshield
- 2 - 5 oz breastmilk bottles
- Bottle stand
- 2 solid lids
- Travel cap
- Breastfeeding Information Guide
- Instruction manual
Medela's Unique 2 Phase Expression Technology
Nature made babies very efficient. They instinctively know how to get their mother's milk by changing the way they suckle at the breast during breastfeeding. Studies have shown that babies naturally nurse in 2 phases:
- Initially they suckle fast and light: To stimulate the milk ejection reflex (MER) and to start the milk flowing
- Once the breast has been sufficiently stimulated, they switch to a slower and deeper suck for the actual feeding phase: To get as much milk as quickly as possible
Similar to a nursing baby, 2-Phase breastpumps mimic a baby's natural sucking behaviour. First, a fast pumping rhythm to stimulate the milk ejection reflex and to start the milk flowing. This phase is named stimulation. Then, a slower pumping rhythm to express milk gently and efficiently. This phase is named expression. Through intensive and pioneering work, Medela has converted the baby's intuitive knowledge into technological know-how. The result is 2-Phase Expression - the new standard for unsurpassed naturalness, comfort and efficiency in breastpumps.
For sanitary reasons, breast pumps are a final sale.