Starting early ... the better way to toilet train.
No early childhood milestone strikes fear into the hearts of parents like potty training. For years, parents have been told to follow the "readiness" approach that suggests waiting until the toddler indicates interest. But is that really the best way? The Diaper-Free Before 3, Dr. Jill Lekovic, a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and a mother of three, shows why introducing the potty to your child's routine early on is a healthier approach to this important developmental step. Dr. Lekovic presents a simple plan that will have your child successfully our of diapers - even Pull-Ups! - well befoer the shart of preschool.
Dr. Lekovic's plan, based on the latest medical research, cultural practices throughout histor, and practical experience with her own children and patiends, shows that being diaper-free before three is:
- Effective - the sooner you start, the sooner you finish, for both sexes.
- Healthier - it helps children become better aware of their bodies' signals, boosts confidence, and decreases the risk of urinary problems and constipation.
- Happier - there's no need for bribery, rewards, or cajoling.
- Cheaper - fewer diapers to buy!
- Realistic - this plan works for busy, on-the-go families.
With information on bedwetting, accidents, special needs children, and an adapted method for older toddlers and day-care environments, Diaper Free Before 3 is an essential resource for any parent. It will help you turn toilet training into a wonderful bonding experience for you and your child.
Written by Jill M. Lekovic, M.D., board certified pediatrician and mother of three
5.25" x 8". 224 pages.