The Baby Book by Dr. Sears$23.99
Everything you need to know about getting your baby or toddler to sleep...
The Baby Sleep Book by Dr. Sears is a comprehensive, reassuring, solution-filled sleep resource that every family will want to own. The Baby Sleep Book explains how you can create a sleep plan that suits the needs of your entire family.
For every parent deprived of sleep by a restless infant or toddler, now there's hope. Babies don't automatically know how to sleep through the night; they need to be taught. The Searses have learned from decades of pediatric practice, bolstered by their own parenting experiences, that different babies have different nighttime temperaments - and, of course, different families have different lifestyles.
The Baby Sleep Book by Dr. Sears cover such topics as:
- The facts of infant sleep vs. adult sleep
- Figuring out where, when, and how your child sleeps best
- Fail-safe methods for soothing a crying infant
- How to make night nursing easier, and how to stop
- Nighttime fathering tips
- Whether co-sleeping makes sense for you
- Nap-time strategies that work
- Medical and physical causes of night waking
- Sleep habits in special situations such as traveling, teething and illness
In The Baby Sleep Book by Dr. Sears, instead of espousing the kind of "one method fits all" approached advocated in other baby sleep guides, the Searses explain how you can create a sleep plan that will suit the needs of your whole family.
Like all books in the highly popular Sears Parenting Library, The Baby Sleep Book is clear, comforting, and uniquely authoritative. It's flexible, sensitive approach to solving babies' sleep problems distinguishes it as definitive - an unrivaled book that offers immediate results.
Paperback. 272 pages.