- We Also Recommend
Parenting your high-need child from birth to age five.
The Fussy Baby Book by Dr. Sears is the help you need to deal with your high-need baby or child. The Searses demonstrate how responsive parenting can turn challenges into advantages for both you and your child.
Does your baby fuss, cry and want to be held all the time? Do you have a young child who's stubborn, opinionated, demanding - a real handful? Take heart. This book is for you.
The Fussy Baby Book offers:
- Creative ways to soothe a fussy baby, including a checklist of 36 time-tested baby calmers
- Methods of feeding high-need children and helping them get to sleep - and stay asleep
- Information on medical causes of infant fussiness, from infections to food sensitivities
- Effective was of coping with common behaviour of high-need children, including children who are exceptionally creative, hyper-responsive, or constantly in need of affirmation
- Survival tips for parents - including advice on how to avoid or recover from "mother burnout"
- Proven strategies for discipline: providing structure, setting limits, knowing when to say yes and when to say no
- Tips on learning how to talk and listen - from understanding your child's viewpoint and holding your child's attention to encouraging compliance before defiance
- Inspiring real-life stories and advice from parents of high-need children
With great sensitivity to the difficulties you face, the Searses demonstrate how responsive parenting can turn challenges info advantages for both you and your child. They show that fussy babies and high-need children can, in fact, provide the most rewarding parenting experiences of all.
Paperback. 237 pages.