The Baby Book by Dr. Sears$23.99
An indispensable, comprehensive guide for parents facing the childcare question of the decade: "Should I vaccinate my child?"
The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears is a authoritative, impartial, fact-based guide to childhood vaccinations. It provides exactly the information you want and need as you make educated decisions for your children. Dr. Sears offers help and provides an in-depth look at each disease/vaccine pair and covers everything you need to know.
The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears covers topics such as:
- How common or rare, as well as how serious, each disease is.
- How each vaccine is made and what its ingredients are.
- Which ingredients are potentially controversial.
- Which brands and types of vaccines are safest.
- What each vaccine's side effects might be and how likely they are to occur.
- How to recognize, treat, and prevent vaccine side effects.
- How to tailor your child's shot schedule to minimize risks.
- Advice on adult vaccines and vaccines for international travel.
- An in-depth section on Canadian vaccinations.
When you're considering which vaccinations are right for your child and when to administer them, there's a lot to think about. With twelve separate vaccines on the standard schedule and so much conflicting information available, it's easy to become overwhelmed. Dr. Sears offers help in this Vaccine Book.
Robert W. Sears, MD, FAAP, is a board-certified pediatrician, author of The Autism Book, the coauthor of The Portable Pediatrician, The Baby Book and Happy Baby.
Paperback. 334 pages.