Hazelwood Necklaces for Baby ... discover the healing power of pure hazelwood.
Effective in reducing acid-based ailments and symptoms, such as eczema, acid-reflux, and teething pain, the healing nature of pure hazelwood has been used for hundreds of years. Handcrafted from tiny pieces of natural hazelwood, each necklace has the unique property of absorbing excess acid from our body when it is in contact with our skin. The process is easily observed by the darkening of the wood over a short period of time when worn against the skin, providing most people with a more balanced PH and relief from many acid-based ailments.
The hazelwood tree is indigenous to Quebec, and each beautiful necklace is handcrafted in a sustainable fashion. The wood itself used in making the beads is harvested sustainably - just the end of the twig is taken and it grows back good as new to be harvested again! No chemicals or pesticides are necessary in the care of these plants, and many of them simply are wild-growing naturally.
Why parents choose our Hazelwood Necklaces:
- A 100% natural way of helping your child deal with teething, eczema, diaper rash and other issues that may be caused by excess acidity within the body.
- Amerindians have been healing naturally with hazelwood for hundreds of years.
- The highest quality wood and craftsmanship ensures you'll receive the maximum healing benefit from your hazelwood necklace.
- Each necklace is beautifully handmade with either genuine gemstones or delicate charms that can be kept as a keepsake after the hazelwood has worked it's magic.
- Safety closure with NO magnets therefore less risky for little ones.
- Hazelwood necklaces have been recognized by Health Canada as a medical device.
- In the event the necklace gets caught or is under too much tension, the safety clasp will open on either ends without breaking the string of beads.
- Beads are threaded and clamped at both ends so in the event of breakage, beads will not fall out or become accessible to a child because the thread (metal covered in nylon) will not break.
- The hazelwood for our necklaces is carefully harvested taking into account the sustainability of our forests and natural resources.
- Handmade in Canada.
Hazelwood has been shown to help improve many conditions including:
- skin disorders (acne, eczema, diaper rash, psoriasis)
- dental pains (baby teething, tooth decay or cavities) or canker sores
- digestion disorders (gastric reflux, ulcers, heartburn, constipation)
- pain and inflammation (allergies, asthma, arthritis, headaches, migraines)
The effect of hazelwood on the body is continuing to be researched within Canada, and in current medical literature, most of the above symptoms are related to excess acidity (acid imbalance) and/or an inflammatory process within the body. Hazelwood can help!
Using Hazelwood Necklaces
For best results, a hazelwood necklace should be worn directly against the skin, under clothing. Hazelwoods effectiveness depends on individual acidity level and decreases when the wood becomes darkened. When this happens, it's time to replace your necklace. A hazelwood necklace is designed to be used with a child for a maximum of 3-6 months. The lifespan of the safety clasp is 3 month of continuous use. In order to ensure both the effectiveness of the hazelwood and the safety of the necklace, it is very important to change a child's necklace every 3-6 months.
It’s perfectly normal for the wood to begin peeling after a certain period of time. It’s natural due to the absorption of acid. The effectiveness remains the same because the alkaline properties are in the wood, not the bark. Replace your necklace when the wood has become significantly darker than when your first purchased your necklace.
CAUTION: Hazelwood Necklaces are made for wearing, NOT chewing. This is a supervised item. Always remove your hazelwood necklace from baby when baby is sleeping or unattended. Hazelwood necklaces are considered a personal care item. All sales are Final.
Teething Necklaces - Hazelwood or Baltic Amber? How do I Choose?
A Baltic Amber teething necklace will last for an indefinite amount of time if you’re careful to not break beads, get it coated with lotions or other products, and the safety clasp isn't activated under pressure. Amber is generally used for pain an inflammation only, so as a general rule, if you would treat the condition with a pain reliever, choose Amber.
If you are looking to treat symptoms caused by acidity such as eczema, acid reflux, allergies or frequent rashes, then you’ll want to choose hazelwood. A hazelwood necklace may also help with teething, just as well, and can also be used in combination with an Amber teething necklace. Your hazelwood necklace should be replaced every 3-6 months. In order to ensure both the effectiveness of the hazelwood and the safety of the necklace, it is important to change a child's necklace after 3 months of continuous wear.
Handmade in Canada.