How to have a better-behaved child from birth to age ten.
The Discipline Book by Dr. Sears is a guide to disciplining children, including everything you need to know about discipline to raise a happy, well-adjusted, well-behaved child. Disciplining children means equipping them with the tools to succeed in life. In this unique guide, Dr. Bill and Martha Sears, the pediatrics specialists whose books on birth, babies and parenting have become widely praised bestsellers, explain what you can do to shape your child's behaviour so that good conduct comes naturally.
The Discipline Book by Dr Sears offers clear, practical advice on disciplinary issues including:
- Mother's role vs. father's role
- Developing the connection with your baby that will make discipline easier in years to come
- Saying no
- Taming temper tantrums
- Self-esteem as the foundation of good behaviour
- Helping a child to express feelings
- The constructive use of anger
- Good nutrition for good behaviour
- Sleep and nighttime discipline
- Sibling rivalry
- Spanking and alternatives to spanking
- How to eliminate bothersome behaviours such as whining and talking back
- How to respond when your child lies, cheats or steals
- Discipline after divorce and in the single-parent household
Drawing on nearly thirty years of the Searses' experience as childcare professionals and as the parents of eight children, The Discipline Book will make you confident in your ability to correct undesirable behaviour, to promote good behaviour, and to instill the values that will help your child to become morally literate.
Paperback. 316 pages.