Company & Community
You may place your order in one of two ways:
Online: The FASTEST way to receive your order is by submitting your order ONLINE using our convenient, inventory controlled, automatic shopping cart system. This way you will know exactly what is in stock and ready for immediate shipping. While we do try to maintain stock at all times, on occasion we may run out of an item and in using our shopping cart and checkout system, you will be aware of this immediately. Please don't despair if you receive an "out of stock" message. Email us your request! We are more than happy to accommodate custom or special orders in any way we can. While we are happy to process your order by email, orders placed through our shopping cart system and paid for through our online merchant account can be processed immediately and will generally ship the next business day.
Email: You may email us your order if you are having problems with our shopping cart, or you are simply more familiar with using email. We will let you know what we have in stock and reserve these items for you. We will then tally your order including taxes (where applicable) and shipping, and email you your total. You may than choose one of our payment methods as listed below. Please do not send your Visa number by email. This is an insecure method. We will telephone you once your order has been received for your credit card details. Please allow 2 extra business days for shipping of orders placed via email.
Orders must be placed online or by email. This is the most efficient and accurate way for us to handle your order. Customers wishing to place an order by phone will be directed to place their order online first, and then we will follow up for payment details, if required.
What happens after I place my order?
We will keep you informed at each stage during the processing of your order. In-stock orders are processed and shipped within 2 business days of payment being received (does not include Saturday, Sundays or Canadian holidays). If you notice any discrepancies on your order form please contact us immediately.
- Once your order has been placed online, you will receive an automatic email immediately confirming your order. This is your receipt and should be retained for your records. It will contain an order number at the top of the email, a detailed list of your order, as well as the shipping and billing details as provided by the purchaser. Please check it over for accuracy and notify us at once if you notice any discrepancies. If you do not receive this email, contact us ASAP. Your email address may have been typed incorrectly or this email may have been filter by a SPAM blocker set on your email program. Hotmail, Yahoo and MSN will routinely block emails as SPAM.
- As soon as your order has been placed it is sent directly to our shipping department for review. If everything is in stock, and we have all the information required to process your order, your order will be processed, meticulously packed and prepared for shipping. You can expect your order to ship within 2 business days, unless otherwise indicated on our website. If you do not hear from us by phone or via email within 2 business days, your order will be shipping on schedule.
- If an item is out of stock, or we require further information to process and/or ship your order, you will be contacted within 2 business day. Please check your email frequently for faster processing! If you do not receive an email within 2 business days confirming when your order will ship, nor do you receive a tracking number to confirm that your order has already been processed and shipped (Canadian orders only), feel free to contact us. Emails do have a tendency to get lost in cyberspace or inadvertently filtered as SPAM. Hotmail, Yahoo and MSN will routinely block emails as SPAM.
- Once your parcel has been shipped, if a tracking number has been provided, you will be emailed the tracking number. ALL orders shipping within Canada will have a tracking number emailed to the purchaser. This tracking number will give you an indication as to how long shipping will take to the address indicated. If you do not receive this email within 2 business days, please contact us.
- When you receive your order, open and check your items over carefully. Keeping in mind the majority of our parcels are fabric in nature, please avoid using sharp objects to open your package to prevent ripping, holes or damages. Double check sizes carefully, and try on your baby if necessary BEFORE washing. If you notice anything amiss or there are any problems with your order, let us know ASAP so that we can correct any issues you might have. We cannot accept returns or exchanges on washed/used product due to Health Canada regulations. Feel free to review our Return Policy for further details.
- You can start using your new products! By now you should be thrilled to bits & very satisfied with your online shopping experience and tell everyone you know what a great place ParentingByNature.com is for baby slings, baby carriers and wonderful baby necessities. If not, please let us know! We can be reached at 1.866.86.4BABY or e-mail us and we'll do our best to make things right.
Methods of Payment/Security
For Canadian orders we accept Visa and Mastercard online through our SAFE and SECURE merchant processor (powered by Royal Bank of Canada) or processed by phone. We also accept eTransfer via a Canadian banking institution (not Paypal). Sorry, we do not accept personal checks or Paypal.
Secure Online Credit Card payments powered by Royal Bank of Canada.
For secure credit card transactions and banking relationships we utilize the security and financial strength of RBC. Our secure SSL e-commerce transactions are processed through Moneris Solutions (Royal Bank of Canada). All personal information (including your name, email address, street address, phone number, and order history) are also encrypted by GeoTrust for additional security.
All US (international) orders are processed ONLINE only (payment with Visa or Mastercard). We DO NOT accept credit cards issued outside of Canada or the USA. Money orders/personal checks and eTransfers not accepted.
Yes, we must charge taxes! All orders are taxed following our Canadian provincial and federal taxation guidelines. Orders shipped to Canadian destinations will be charged 5% GST or the applicable HST rate for residents of Ontario (13%), British Columbia (12%), Nova Scotia (15%), New Brunswick (13%) and Newfoundland (13%).
Point of Sale Rebates: Qualifying goods will be credited the appropriate amount at checkout for the provinces of Ontario (8% credited), British Columbia (7% credited) and Nova Scotia (10% credited). Qualifying goods may include (but are not limited to) cloth diapers, diaper covers, baby shoes, baby clothing, menstrual products and books. All taxes will be calculated at checkout, based on the parcel's destination.
|Province||Tax Rate (%)|
|Ontario||13% HST (rebates apply on qualifying goods)|
|British Columbia||5% HST|
|New Brunswick||13% HST|
|Nova Scotia||15% HST (rebates apply on qualifying goods)|
|Prince Edward Island||14% (rebates apply on qualifying goods)|
|North West Territories||5% GST|
Taxes do not apply to gift certificates, or orders shipped outside of Canada. International customers are responsible for any and all additional taxes and/or duties charged by customs.
As we are a family owned company located in Canada, we have chosen to list all of our prices in Canadian dollars. Due to the fluctuations of the Canadian dollar, we are unable to provide you with an exact price in US dollars. Purchases made will be calculated by your credit card or bank’s exchange rate at the time of purchase. Visit www.xe.com for a general idea of the day’s current exchange rates.
We believe we offer our customers an excellent value in price, service and quality of merchandise that you won't find elsewhere. We try hard to give you the best possible prices while maintaining this level of service, value & integrity of our quality products. Fast shipping, a large in-stock selection, and the ability to meet the demands of our customers are just a few of the reasons our customers keep coming back - and we appreciate it! To learn why customers choose to shop with us, please read about our Customer Care.
If you should find another current and comparable print or online catalogue offering of an identical item with a lower regular retail price than ours, feel free to email us with the particulars and it may be possible to match the price. Where possible, we will try our best to accommodate. Simply email us with the following details:
- URL and web site where you saw the product
- Product name, color, and size you would like
- Product price, including shipping and tax
- Your contact information
* Lower advertised price must include any applicable shipping and taxes. This applies to authorized dealers only. Price matching is only applicable to identical conditions of sale. The item must be in stock at the other authorized retailer (not a floor sample, "second", "open box" item, refurbished or demo piece) and not be a special members price or typographical error. This offer applies to new purchases only.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
About Our Packaging
As an environmentally-friendly company, we try to reduce, reuse and recycle when and were we can. As such is the case, wherever possible, all outgoing parcels are packed using materials re-cycled in house, reducing the waste we generate and our resource consumption. We're proud of our ability to reduce the amount of waste heading to our landfills annually.
If you would prefer a new box or package for a gift purchase, please let us know in the additional comments box at checkout.
In order to save a tree, we do not include a packing slip or invoice with your order. Your original email confirmation is your receipt. Please save this for your records, should you require an exchange or return in the future.
All of our pre-printed product material, business cards and the paper used in our offices are printed on 100% recycled paper, from responsibly managed forests. Currently the cost for environmentally-responsible shipping and printing suppliers is higher than conventional supplies, but we feel this isn't something we can compromise on. We appreciate the care you have taken as a consumer in chosen a company like ours to support.
If your order is a gift, please let us know. We offer gift wrapping services for a small fee, and we're happy to include a gift tag at no additional charge, complete with your own personal message. Gift purchases going to the US will not be wrapped traditionally as they can be opened at customs. Your parcel will be attractively wrapped in a reusable, decorate gift box, lined with tissue.
We do not include an invoice in any of our parcels whether the item is a gift or not. This is to save on paper and to avoid a credit card number from being picked up in the mail. Your original email notification of your order purchase is your receipt. Please retain it for your records.
We are happy to include a Gift Receipt for your order, if the item(s) are to be a gift. This is to facilitate an exchange, if necessary. Please note, an order number or gift receipt number is mandatory for any exchange of merchandise as this is the only indication we have of items purchased from our store. Thank you for understanding.