A Career with Parenting By Nature
Thank you for your interest in joining our team at bynature.ca.
Behind the brand bynature.ca is a small, family business started in 2004 known as Parenting By Nature. Parenting By Nature is a niche retailer of mother, baby and childrenâ€™s reusable, sustainable products and related gift items. Our team is committed to the promotion of safer, healthier and environmentally-friendly products for families with a strong focus on education and support.
At Parenting By Nature you'll discover:
- An open, empowering work environment.
- A supportive team that cares about your success as an individual.
- A fair and flexible work schedule that puts family first.
- Training that will improve your life, both personally and professionally, in more ways than you can imagine.
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of families every day.
- A unique, family-oriented company culture.
- A commitment to providing our partners with the resources required to maintain a healthy & happy work-life balance.
- An equal opportunity employer.
- Full and part-time positions are available.
The Parenting By Nature boutique and warehouse for our shipping operation is located 20 minutes North of Barrie in Orillia (close to the OPP headquarters). Applicants must have suitable, reliable transportation.
Do you have what it takes?
The Parenting By Nature team consists of an enthusiastic, dedicated group of individuals that are passionate about the products we offer, and how they can make a change for the better. Our challenges are unique in that natural, reusable products are not always considered over convenient, disposable items. However the team at Parenting By Nature believes we are making a difference every day we are working together.
- We invest heavily in training and have learned that staff excel best if they work a minimum of 3 shifts a week.
- At least 2 weekend shifts a month are mandatory.
- A commitment of one-year of service is require, from the start of training.
- You must be able to be on your feet all day.
- Individuals must be "passionate" about selling women's pregnancy and breastfeeding products, natural cloth diapers, baby slings and carreirs, natural toys, gifts and gear.
We are looking for employees who are intelligent, energetic, have great social skills, and love learning and helping others. To be successful you must be hardworking, can easily strike up conversations with customers, take initiative, and know what it means to be professional, respectful and non-judgemental.
We're excited about the possibility of having new, energetic team members helping us in our mission. If this sounds like you, don't miss out an an opportunity to join our team! Please contact us as per the guidelines below.
We endeavor to recruit the best people we can to become a part our team. At Parenting By Nature we offer a work environment that empowers individuals to work independently, free to make decisions daily and manage their time in a way that is respectful of both employer and employee. We strive to create a respectful workplace, treat all employees fairly, and help team members work towards reaching their individual career goals.
As part of the Parenting By Nature team, employees enjoy:
- A fair wage, including paid training, ample holiday time and annual performance-based increases.
- A valuable investment in training time and resources.
- Flexible working hours.
- All statutory holidays off.
- An extended Christmas/New Year's holiday break to spend time with family.
- A generous store discount (does not apply to internships and contract employees).
- Occational free samples of products and testers.
- An educational reimbursement towards continuous education programs that benefit your position after 1 year of service.
Below you'll find a list of jobs available. We are always happy and willing to accept a resume and will keep these on file for a period of one (1) year.
- Merchandise Coordinator (all applicants are required to learn & perform these duties) (full & part-time)
- Sales Consultant (full & part-time)
- Administrative Assistant (part-time)
- Events Coordinator (part-time)
- Store Manager (full-time)
- Assistant Store Manager (full and/or part-time)
- Summer Internship Opportunity (part-time & full-time options)
How to Apply
- Review the job position that may best suit your personality.
- Pick up an application form at 5 Ontario Street, Unit C, Orillia - see current store hours and location here.
- Drop off in person to 5 Ontario Street, Unit C, Orillia
- Your completed Application for Employment which can be obtained in the store.
- A cover letter detailing why you believe you'll be a perfect fit for our team, as well as how you are currently engaged in leading a more sustainable lifestyle, and
- An updated resume
- Please no phone calls or emails.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls or emails.