A Career with Parenting By Nature
Thank you for your interest in joining our team at Parenting By Nature.
Behind the brand + website Parenting By Nature is a small, family business started in 2004. Parenting By Nature is a niche retailer of mother, baby + children’s reusable, sustainable products and related gift items. Our team is committed to the promotion of safer, healthier + environmentally-friendly options for families with a strong focus on education and support.
At Parenting By Nature you'll discover:
- An open, empowering work environment.
- A supportive team that cares about your success as an individual.
- A fair + flexible work schedule that puts family first.
- Training that will improve your life, both personally + professionally.
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of families every day.
- A unique, family-oriented company culture.
- A commitment to providing our partners with the resources required to maintain a healthy + happy work-life balance.
- An equal opportunity employer.
- Full and part-time positions are available.
The Parenting By Nature boutique is located in Barrie, Ontario, just minutes off Hwy 11 (Dunlop Street West exit). Applicants must have suitable, reliable transportation.
Do you have what it takes?
The Parenting By Nature team consists of an enthusiastic, dedicated group of individuals that are passionate about the products we offer, and how they can make a change for the better. Our challenges are unique in that natural, reusable products are not always considered over convenient, disposable items. However the team at Parenting By Nature believes we are making a difference every day we are working together.
- We invest heavily in training and have learned that staff excel best if they work a minimum of 2 shifts a week. A minimum 10-15 hours a week is expected.
- A flexible schedule is an asset.
- Weekend shifts are mandatory. You will be required to work at least one Saturday or Sunday a week.
- A commitment of one-year of service is required, from the start of training.
- You must be able to be on your feet all day.
- Individuals must be "passionate" about selling pregnancy and breastfeeding products, natural cloth diapers, baby slings and carriers, natural toys, gifts + gear.
We are looking for employees who are intelligent, energetic, have great social skills, and love learning + helping others. To be successful you must be hardworking, easily strike up conversations with customers, take initiative, and know what it means to be professional, respectful and non-judgmental.
We're excited about the possibility of having new, energetic team members helping us in our mission. If this sounds like you, don't miss out an an opportunity to join our team! Please contact us as per the guidelines below.
We endeavor to recruit the best people we can to become a part our team. At Parenting By Nature we offer a work environment that empowers individuals to work independently, free to make decisions daily and manage their time in a way that is respectful of both employer and employee. We strive to create a respectful workplace, treat all employees fairly, and help team members work towards reaching their individual career goals.
As part of the Parenting By Nature team, employees enjoy:
- A fair wage, paid training, ample holiday time + the potential for annual performance-based increases.
- A valuable investment in training time + resources.
- Flexible working hours.
- All statutory holidays off.
- Christmas/New Year's holiday break to spend time with family.
- A generous store discount after 3 months (will not apply to internships, seasonal + contract employees).
- Occasional free samples of products + testers.
- An educational reimbursement towards continuous education programs that benefit your position after 1 year of service, and a commitment to the future of the company.
How to Apply
Please read carefully. Attention to detail is of utmost importance when working with our team.
- Download an application here.
- Drop off the following, in person, to 5 Ontario Street, Unit C, Orillia (See current store hours and location here - note that the store is relocting to Barrie on July 1st)
- Your completed Application for Employment
- A cover letter detailing why you believe you'll be a perfect fit for our team, as well as how you are currently engaged in leading a more sustainable lifestyle.
- An updated resume.
- Please no phone calls or emails.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls or emails.