- We Also Recommend
An encyclopedic guide to your child's health from birth through adolescence.
Whether you are up in the middle of the night with a sick child or looking for sound preventative advice, The Portable Pediatrician by Dr. Sears provides the answers you seek. It is a rich, invaluable resource for every parent, equipping them to understand the myriad facets of their child's physical development and become the best caregiver they can be.
The Portable Pediatrician by Dr. Sears includes:
- Timely and practical information on every pediatric concern, illness, and emergency, including: allergies, asthma, broken bones, bronchitis, choking, ear infections, eating problems, fever, headaches, heart defects, nosebleeds, pneumonia, rashes, seizures, sleep problems, speech delay, teething, vomiting, warts and much more!
- Advice on treating your child at home, when to call the doctor, and precautions you can take to safeguard your child's well-being
- Tips on how to choose a pediatrician and how to devise a family health-maintenance plan
- A guide to every childhood checkup, from birth through age eighteen, focusing on the important physical, medical, and developmental issues addressed at each visit.
- Useful, up-to-date information on first aid and medicines - antibiotics, fever and pain relief, dosages, allergic reactions, stocking your medicine cabinet, and more.
- A convenient A-Z format and an easy-to-use index for quick reference.
As medical professionals, as parents, and as pediatric experts, the Searses bring to this book a vast range of knowledge and experience. William Sears, MD, has practiced pediatrics for more than forty years and is an associate clinical professor at the University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine. Martha Sears is a registered nurse and parenting and health consultant. Robert Sears, MD, is a pediatrician in private practice in Southern California. James Sears, MD, is a pediatrician and co-host of The Doctors. Peter Sears, MD, is a physician specializing in family practice in Nashville.
Paperback. 574 pages.
Check items to add to the cart or select all