- We Also Recommend
Hevea Natural Rubber Pacifier ... one of the safest, all natural rubber pacifiers.
Hevea pacifiers are made from 100% pure, natural rubber from sustainable plantations of the tree Hevea brasiliensi (of which it's named after). A Hevea pacifier is extremely hygienic because they are molded in one piece, with no joints or cracks where dirt and bacteria can accumulate.
The Hevea pacifier is one of the safest, 100% natural pacifier we have found. It more closely resembles being on the breast when feeding so it provides an instant comfort for many babies, and less chance of causing an interruption with nursing. This is one of the only pacifiers we're comfortable recommending.
Why you'll love the Hevea Rubber Pacifier:
- One of the safest pacifier available! Free of toxins, carcinogens and endocrine disrupters.
- 100% natural rubber latex – people and planet friendly production!
- No PVC, BPA, phthalates and artificial colours.
- Soft and gentle on baby’s face.
- Uniquely designed ventilation holes - the crown design is ideal for both boys and girls.
- Hygienic solid design – eliminates bacteria.
- The ergonomically butterfly shape gives space for nose and chin.
- Prevents vacuum around the mouth.
- The stylish packaging made from FSC certified paper is ideal for gifting
- Free of common allergens (the protein that on rare occasions can provoke a latex allergy is completely eliminated during production).
- Environment friendly, the Hevea pacifier is biodegradable and the Malaysian rubber sustainably harvested.
- The Hevea pacifier is made in Malaysia.
We have heard our customers asking time and time again for an all-natural, non-toxic option in pacifiers we can trust. We've held off on carrying bottles and pacifiers due to the disruption they can so often cause while trying to establish a nursing relationship. However, after much consideration and the explosion of the many unsafe products on the market, we decided we needed to offer a safe, non-toxic alternative.
If you are planning to nurse, it is highly recommended that no pacifier or bottle be introduced until you have a strong nursing relationship established. We recommend the ROUND Hevea Pacifier for breastfeeding babies and the ORTHO Hevea Pacifier for babies using a bottle.
Caring for your Natural Rubber Pacifier
We recommend sterilizing your natural pacifier before it's first use. This may result in a white tinge immediately after boiling. Rubber will return to its natural colour after a few days.
Because the Hevea pacifier is a 100% natural, sustainable material, there have been no artificial chemicals added to prevent oxidation as there often is with conventional pacifiers. After a few weeks of continuous use, you may notice your pacifier taking on a darker appearance. This is completely normal. When the pacifier starts to feel sticky overall, or the nipple sticks together when pressed, this generally suggests it's time to change your pacifier. Health Canada recommends pacifiers of any type be replaced every 8 weeks, rather than waiting for signs of deterioration.
Pacifiers are a Final Sale.