Organic Wool Dryer Balls (4pk)
Regular Price: $47.96
Special Price: $39.99
Eco Soap Nuts ... the natural laundry fruit.
These odd looking “nuts” are actually dried berries from a tree that grows in the Himalayas. When agitated in water, they produce a naturally occurring surfactant called saponin, which gently cleanses laundry – an option for those sensitive to conventional laundry detergents. Recommended for use on all your baby's laundry, please check with cloth diaper manufacturer's before using on cloth diapers.
Our soap nuts are both de-seeded and sterilized for consumer protection – the only soap nuts on the market that are both!
Why parents are raving about Eco Nuts:
- The safest, most natural laundry soap available on the market today.
- Eco Nuts are an environmentally friendly, sustainable, bio-degradable and renewable product that can be composted after use.
- Anti-microbial, making it suitable for septic systems.
- Hypoallergenic - Suitable for people with sensitive skin and allergies, also safe for babies.
- Economical – approximately 50% cheaper than other eco-products.
- Multifunctional – Boil soap nuts to make a general cleaning solution for cleaning floors/carpets, pets, cars, dishes and even your hair.
- Sustainable – Soapberry Trees live up to 90 years and the wood and foliage of the tree are also cultivated. No waste, no de-forestation.
- No need for fabric softener.
- Colors remain bright and vibrant.
- Supports local people and economy.
- Phosphate Free – Save our Rivers and Streams!!
Eco nuts are low sudsing which make them ideal for High Efficiency front load washers and customers on a septic system. This is our 360-load Family size. It is incredibly lightweight and economical at only .06 cents a load! Plus, we include two reusable cloth bags so you can do multiple loads at once.
We suggest this in particular for the elderly, anyone in apartments or college kids who don’t want to carry big heavy bottles of detergent up and down flights of stairs. Stay lightweight and you can be Eco Friendly at the same time.
How to use Eco Nuts
Simply place 4-5 Eco Nuts in the provided cloth bag and toss in the washer with your clothes – they suds up naturally and act as a natural fabric softener in the rinse cycle. Clothes come out smelling fresh and clean and super soft. Berries can be re-used up to 10 times making them a super-affordable option. Take the soap nuts out of the cotton bag and let them air-dry between each use. Once the soap nuts have been used to their potential they can either be boiled with water to make a cleaning solution or thrown into your compost.
What are soap nuts?
Soap Nuts are a fruit grown on the Rittha Tree (Sapindus Mukorossi), also known as the Chinese Soapberry Tree, which grows in India and Nepal. When the fruit ripens and falls from the tree, local families harvest them and remove the inner fruit from the outer shell. The shell is then dried in the sun, using no chemical or manufacturing processes. The shell of the fruit has a protective waxy coating which contains saponin. When the soapnut is used to wash clothes, the saponin acts as a water surfactant reducing the surface tension of the water and freeing the dirt, grime and oils from the clothing, leaving your clothes clean and fresh without the use of any harmful synthetic products.
Eco Nuts are grown in Nepal. They are sterilized and processed in the USA (California).