- We Also Recommend
Pikkolo Baby Carriers ... easy to use & beautiful to wear.
The Pikkolo Baby Carrier is a hybrid baby carrier which combines the flexibility and versatility of a mei tai baby carrier with the ease of quick-release buckles from that of more structured baby carriers. The Pikkolo Baby Carrier is a modern, sophisticated looking baby carrier offering more flexibility in carrying positions than many other baby carriers on the market. It's easy to see why the Pikkolo is a best-seller.
Why parents love the Pikkolo Baby Carrier:
- No infant insert required! Carrier can be used with infants to toddlers 8 lbs. up to 40 lbs.
- So Flexible! Wear baby front facing in or facing out. Wear baby on your front, hip or back.
- A hybrid baby carrier - combines the flexibility and versatility of a mei tai baby carrier with the ease of quick-release buckles.
- Memory foam in the shoulder straps means the strap is not bulky while being super-cushy + supportive.
- Unique tapered shoulder strap shape is more comfortable when you back carry (less bulk under your arm).
- Dual-adjustable buckles mean you never have to pull up + back to tighten your straps. All buckles adjust both ways for an optimal fit.
- Adjustable base allows you cinch the carrier width to perfectly fit your baby from day on.
- Straps cross in an X shape on your back for a front carry allowing for maximum comfort + ease of use.
- Streamlined, modern design with sophisticated flare.
- Ample head support for newborn or sleeping baby.
- Unique design that g-r-o-w-s with baby!
- The Pikkolo is completely ergonomic with excellent lumbar support.
- Easy and safe front and back carrying!
- Has a detachable flat sleeping hood (included with purchase).
- Hands free baby wearing!
- One-size fits most caregivers.
- All cotton (exclusive of trim).
The Pikkolo Baby Carrier is a hybrid baby carrier which combines the flexibility and versatility of mei tai baby carriers with the ease of quick-release buckles from that of more structured baby carriers. This is a structured baby carrier we can highly recommend for an ergonomic forward facing front carry. Additionally, the Pikkolo's unstructured waist and drawstring feature makes it possible to cinch the carrier narrower to enable small babies to ride legs-out or older infants to face forward comfortably. If your baby prefers facing forward, this is an excellent baby carrier for this purpose, and one of the only structured baby carriers we stock that conveniently allows for this position.
If you love the Ergo baby carrier but your little one prefers to look forward, the Pikkolo may be just right for you. Or, if the Baby Bjorn is your style of baby carrier but you are starting to feel uncomfortable (usually happens around 20 lbs!) then give the Pikkolo baby carrier a try. If you think the Baby Bjorn is something special, you don't know what your missing. This is one innovative design.
The Pikkolo features Cinching, Less Padding + Memory Foam.
The Pikkolo baby carrier by CatBird Baby is a great "buckle tie" or a mei tai baby carrier with buckles. The most innovative features of the Pikkolo baby carrier are it's adjustable "seat" and it's unpadded waist belt. And the memory foam shoulder straps are pretty nifty, as well.
We love the unique cinch mechanism on the bottom of the Pikkolo carrier for smaller newborn babies to sit comfortably or larger babies to sit facing forward. This cinching drawstring allows for a the narrowing or widening of the fabric between baby's legs. For a small or younger baby, this means you can position baby facing forward, should you choose to do so (or if your little one prefers this!). For an older baby, you can adjust the seat to allow for more coverage, making this a very comfortable baby carrier to use even with a toddler or 40 lbs child.
The unpadded, unstructured waist belt of the Pikkolo allow for the precise adjustment of the carrier's fit. This baby carrier ties on the waist "apron-style" and will fit both short-waisted and long-waisted body types well. This type of waistband is meant to be worn snug around your natural waist - not loose or low over top of the hips like the padded waistbands of similar style baby carriers. If you suffer from pulling your pants up all day with a "padded" style carrier, the Pikkolo may have your problem solved!
The shoulder straps of the Pikkolo are lightly padded with deluxe memory foam (this is same material high-end mattresses use on their pillow tops!). These are fabulously comfortable and shock-absorbent, yet surprisingly sleek and trim. This material warms with your body heat, conforming to your shoulders for a fit like no other. It really is incredibly comfortable!
Designed with the mei tai baby carrier in mind, the Pikkolo features are similar with it's multiple carrying positions and flexibility of strap placement. Even with lightly padded shoulder straps for the ultimate in comfort you can still cross the straps in front or back, or adjust the carrier back-pack style. With so many different carrying positions, it's EASY to get a comfortable fit with the Pikkolo.