- We Also Recommend
The Moby Wrap Baby Wrap ... keeping your baby content & close to your heart.
The Moby Wrap is a traditional wrap-around style baby carrier that takes us back to the origins of baby carrying when parents would swaddle their infants and young children close to their bodies with fabric cloths, tie in place, and go about their day's work. While several hundred years may have passed since the tradition of baby wrapping began, this time-tested method of carrying a baby is just as comfortable, safe and convenient as it always has been. When carried in the Moby Wrap your baby is close to your heartbeat and finds comfort in the warmth of your body all within the secure and cuddly confines of it's folds. Providing security, warmth, vibrating sound and pleasure when wrapped in the Moby Wrap, your baby is in the perfect environment to thrive.
Don't let this style of baby carrier fool you - the Moby Wrap is not as complicated as it looks! One tying method will allow you to put your baby into 2-4 different carrying positions without the need to re-tie. One of the best features of a stretchy-style baby wrap such as the Moby Wrap is that it is "forgiving" when trying to position your baby, and the fabric moves WITH your body rather than restricts. You have the ultimate control in adjustment and a bit of s-t-r-e-t-c-h means you have the ability to position your baby comfortably without the need to re-wrap. A stretchy baby wrap such as the Moby Wrap is highly recommended for parents new to the wrapping process. Considered the ultimate baby wrap, the Moby Wrap is cozy, comfortable, adjustable and affordable - everything you want in the perfect newborn baby carrier.
What is a Baby Wrap Baby Carrier?
The Moby Wrap is a simple single stretch of cotton fabric that is wide through the middle and tapered at the ends. There are no clips, loops, straps, snaps, buckles or parts to lose or confuse you. While it does take some practice to get comfortable with the multitude of carrying positions the Moby Wrap is capable of, this is one carrier that can do it all. Just like learning to tie your shoelaces, take your time and be patient. After only a few practice runs you'll be able to tie your Moby Wrap in your sleep! And as busy parents with a newborn, infant or toddler (sometimes more than one!) we know that the ability to wrap while sleep-deprived is a necessity. Once you've mastered the few simple techniques required to tie your baby to your body, many parents attest to the fact that a wrap-style baby carrier can often be faster and easier to load and secure your baby in than with a more technical and complicated front or framed baby carrier.
The Moby Wrap -
Perfect for a Newborn!
A Calming, Soothing Environment for your Newborn
Michelle Penny from Calgary, Alberta (Canada) asks us...
Q: I see you also carry The CuddlyWrap™. What is the difference between the Moby Wrap vs. the CuddlyWrap?
A: This is a great question and one we are often asked. If you are new to wrap-style baby carriers you might like to read about our very popular CuddlyWrap™ as the majority of the information is also pertinent to the Moby Wrap. The CuddlyWrap™ is the same "stretchy" wrap-style carrier as the Moby Wrap with a few key differences which is why we are so pleased to be offering both incredible baby carrier wraps. The Moby Wrap is considered by many to be the ultimate stretchy wrap-style carrier and is often referred to as the original baby wrap that helped popularize the art of baby wrapping in western culture. As a Canadian company we strive to offer products originating in Canada as often as we can, and the CuddlyWrap™ is one product we absolutely fell in love with the first time we used it with our own newborn. The CuddlyWrap is also a stretchy wrap, designed and manufactured by moms in Canada, with one major difference. The custom organic cotton fabric used in the CuddlyWrap™ is the softest cotton we have found. When compared side-by-side, the CuddlyWrap is simply scrumptious and, well, cuddlier!
A few other notable differences and similarities between the Moby Wrap and the CuddlyWrap™...
- Fabric. Both are the highest quality 100% cotton. The Moby Wrap is a slightly heavier cotton knit, double interlock and the CuddlyWrap™ is a lighter-weight, custom-woven buttery-soft ORGANIC cotton interlock. The organic cotton CuddlyWrap is has been Oeco-Tex certified. The Moby Wrap offers slightly more warmth in a sturdier fabric whereas the Cuddly Wrap is much softer to the touch - the cuddliest for a newborn.
- Length and Width. Both are approximately the same length (5.5 - 6 meters long) with the Moby Wrap being a bit wider through the middle than the CuddlyWrap™ (helpful with twins or an older baby). They are both a one-size fits all baby wrap.
- Construction. Both baby wraps have attractively surged edges and a middle marker helping you find the center of your wrap quickly and easily. Both the Moby Wrap and the Cuddly Wrap™ have tapered ends making it easy to tie and reducing excess bulk around the middle of a smaller wearer.
- Ease of Use. Both are a stretchy wrap with the CuddlyWrap™ offering slightly more "give". It is this stretch that allows you to shape and conform the wrap to your body and hug your baby close. Most parents find the CuddlyWrap™ slightly easier to use with a newborn. For an older, heavier baby less is more (supportive, that is!), so the sturdier nature of the Moby Wrap means a more comfortable hold (hug?).
- Instructions. Both come with written & illustrated instructions with the Moby Wrap instructions being in full-colour, more detailed and a bit easier to follow. The CuddlyWrap™ makes up for this with their free instructional DVD that is included with the carrier - beneficial when given as a gift.
- Country of Origin. The Moby Wrap is a US-design and made in Thailand under fair labor conditions. The CuddlyWrap™ was designed by moms and continues to be manufactured in Canada.
- Colours & Availability. The Moby Wrap and the CuddlyWrap are available in a variety of different colours, while the colours may vary between brands.
- Price. There is a slight difference in price between the Moby Wrap and the CuddlyWrap due to the number of differences noted above. We're confident that whether you choose the Moby Wrap or the CuddlyWrap™, with our large, in-stock selection you can be "cuddling" in no time.
Moby Wrap - Slate Gray
CuddlyWrap™ - Sage
Q: Which would you choose - the Moby Wrap or the CuddlyWrap™?
A: Most parents choose the Moby Wrap when buying for themselves - the majority of parents find the Moby carrier can be used for longer due to the heavier construction of the fabric. When looking for a baby shower gift or a gift for a new mom, the CuddlyWrap™ is the more popular option as the instructional DVD is incredibly helpful for a new mother and the organic cotton fabric is absolutely the softest you'll find. For the newborn stage both wraps are equally as popular but if you're thinking you will use your wrap beyond infancy you may find more support and comfort with the Moby Wrap as your baby grows. Many parents will use a stretchy wrap baby carrier for an infant and then upgrade to a soft-pack carrier such as the Ergo Baby Carrier or a non-stretchy wrap with less "bounce" such as the Neobulle Wrap for an older or heavier baby. Either brand of stretchy wrap-style baby carrier - The Moby Wrap or The Cuddly Wrap™ - will help you get over the initial learning curve of using a wrap with ease and you won't have spent a bundle.
A Customer Reviews the Moby Wrap
I was a little skeptical about the Moby Wrap when I saw it for the first time being that it was only one really long piece of fabric that sounded complicated to use. However I couldn't deny that it did look comfortable to wear and the pictures of the babies snuggled deep in the folds of the fabric just looked so peaceful. I knew I had to give the Moby Wrap a fair chance with my newborn. I was desperate for a way to free up my hands so I could better attend to my older child's needs at the same time as caring for my infant.
I was so excited when my Moby Wrap arrived and pleasantly surprised at how simple it actually was to use. It seemed daunting at first, but the instructions are very thorough and so it took less than a minute to tie on my Moby Wrap for the first time. Lily fell asleep instantly when put into the carrier - I couldn't believe it. I was able to secure her high against my chest (although the positioning is endless!), so I imagine the sound of my heartbeat was very soothing for her. I'm even typing this while she sleeps! It is AWESOME to be able to carry her and type with both hands free, but the best part is that her tiny head is within kissing distance and I can hug and kiss her between paragraphs.
On an extra fussy day (like during the teething stages) my Moby Wrap is a lifesaver. I can rock, kiss and cuddle Lily while still being able to interact and play with my two-year old as well as get things down around the house. I feel so less overwhelmed with Lily in the Moby Wrap because I can be there for her and my older child at the same time. I only wish I had had this baby carrier from day one with my first child!
I must admit that I LOVE it when strangers stare at me and ask, "is there a baby in there?". It gives me the chance to show off how fabulous the Moby Wrap is - and of course let them sneak a peak at my beautiful daughter who is usually sleeping away against my chest. It's amazing how such a traditional method of carrying a baby still gets strange looks and raised eyebrows, but it only takes a second of admiring the sleeping infant that is safe, content and secure to see why the Moby Wrap is so incredible. The bond shared between my daughter and I is strong, as I can quickly and easily attend to her needs while still being able to go about MY day. My older son doesn't feel left out because I am able to be there for him 100% knowing that my infant is most comfortable snuggled close to mom. I don't know what I would do without my Moby Wrap...
This review was submitted by Kathleen Kim of Toronto, Ontario (Canada) who loves to show off her daughter snuggled in her Moby Wrap while traveling around town. Learn more!
We honestly believe that every parent with a new baby on the scene should have a baby carrier. The Moby Wrap makes it possible for anyone to have the freedom and flexibility a high-quality, well-fitting baby carrier can offer and an economical price. This is one baby necessity that will be loved and well-used in any family.
The Moby Wrap ... the Ultimate Newborn Baby Carrier
Comfortable, practical, versatile and one-size-fits-all - the Moby Wrap is a favorite newborn baby carrier. With it's unlimited number of carrying positions and ability to be shared between caregivers it is also an incredibly affordable option. The Mody Wrap is available in a variety of stylish and classic colours.
Why you & your baby will love the Moby Wrap:
- The Moby Wrap is considered by many to be the "Ultimate" baby wrap.
- 100% cotton knit double interlock is soft, breathable, supportive yet stretchy - just like a favorite t-shirt.
- A favorite for a the comfort & security of a newborn - a popular shower gift!
- One-Size fits all the Moby Wrap is highly adjustable to any body size & shape adjusting to YOUR curves.
- So versatile! Unlimited number of positions depending on tying method. Use for front carries and hip carries!
- Comfortable for the wearer! An ergonomic carrier that evenly distributes baby's weight across your back.
- Design allows you to breastfeed hands-FREE with ease & comfort.
- Multiple caregivers can use the same baby carrier - the Moby Wrap adjusts to the wearer for ultimate comfort.
- No age restrictions! Designed to carry a preemie to a toddler that is over 30 lbs.
- Full-colour, easy to follow photo instructions detailing how to tie a wrap included with each Moby Wrap.
- Correctly supports the developing curves of a young spine.
- Provides a unique opportunity for bonding with your baby.
- Ideal for active parents! No more excuses - you can now get out, exercise& be physically active even with baby in tow (certain restrictions apply - safety MUST come first!).
- The Moby Wrap is prefect for traveling! It packs small enough to fit into a diaper bag, ready at a moments notice.
- Can also be used as a lightweight blanket, pillow, nursing cover-up & more!
- Available in an assortment of colors - comes with a matching drawstring bag.
- Easy care - machine wash and wear (important for a newborn!).
- Manufactured in Thailand under fair labor conditions.
New Midweight 100% cotton wraps available in select colours. This Moby Wrap fabric has been tested to provide the same excellent support and comfort as the award-winning Moby Wrap, but with a bit less thickness and weight (Originals: 2 lbs, new Moderns: 1.75 lbs.). The Midweight Wrap is great for warmer weather climates or under a babywearing jacket.
How to Use The Moby Wrap
The Moby Wrap comes complete with a full-colour illustrated instructional manual to help you learn the art of wrapping. Just like learning to ride a bicycle, learning to tie the Moby Wrap may require some patience and practice. We recommended using a mirror to watch you and your baby's positioning as you are first learning to use your baby wrap. This will make it easy to ensure your baby is safe, snug and secure within the folds of the Moby Wrap, as well as ensuring the fabric is spread comfortable across your back, shoulders and front for complete comfort and support. After a few practice runs, you will be tying your new Moby Wrap like a pro. With the Moby Wrap you can wrap, carry and cuddle your child from birth to toddler in an unlimited number of tying positions. Carry your baby on your front or your hip - the Moby Wrap will do it all.
The Moby Wrap is considered by many to be the "original" stretchy wrap-style carrier and often referred to as the ultimate in baby wraps. A baby wrap is the perfect newborn baby carrier providing security, warmth, vibrating sound & pleasure. When wrapped in the Moby Wrap your baby is in the perfect environment to thrive.