Small Bolga Basket ... beautiful, durable hand-woven baskets made in fair trade.
The perfect sized basket for small hands! These beautiful, fair trade baskets are made by a women's co-operative in Northern Ghana, Africa. Our baskets are the perfect size for children but also have endless uses such as decor, travel, shopping or to store things beautifully in your home.
Each basket is handwoven from native elephant grass and dyed with natural plant dyes such as sorghum. The twisted grass makes these baskets are exceptionally strong, and the handles are wrapped with goat leather for additional durability. Your purchase contributes to a great cause by helping to alleviate rural poverty in Ghana.
Uses for your Fair-Trade Bolga Basket:
- In the nursery for storing cloth wipes, little socks or baby care items
- Toting toys, blocks or small books
- A beautiful alternative to gift wrap! Makes a perfect gift for a new mom, baby or children of all ages. Give alone or fill with tiny treasures or necessities.
- Gathering treasures from nature
- Berry picking basket
- Storing art supplies
- A play shopping basket
- A gift for a teacher to hold desk supplies
- In the kitchen as a bread or apple basket
- In the bathroom for storing cloth wipes, cotton balls or personal care products
The co-operative trains and employs women from Ghana to make each high quality basket. It has set up a system to not only pay the women by also invest in their larger needs, such as household items or their children's school fees. Each basket is handcrafted and one-of-a-kind, so sizes are approximate and colors and patterns will vary. They are handmade and unique as each woman's style is slightly different than another.
Baskets are individually handmade and will vary slightly from pictures.
Size: Approx. 8"(diameter) x 8" (tall, including handle). Can be rinsed clean with water. Reshape to dry.
Made in Ghana, Africa.