- We Also Recommend
Healing Amber Teething Necklaces ... genuine Baltic amber is nature's pain remedy.
Canada's #1 source for genuine Baltic amber teething necklaces! Don't be fooled by lower-priced imitations. Our Healing Amber is the best, authentic Baltic amber you can find, collected directly from the Baltic region of Lithuania. One of the most important aspects of an amber teething necklace is your source of amber, and our amber teething necklaces have been hand-crafted by Baltic amber specialists with generations of experience. Healing Amber Baltic amber necklaces contain absolutely no artificial, synthetic, plastic or reconstituted substitutes for genuine amber and are not finished with any polishing agent or shellac. They are left 100% natural, in the same state as when they collected, and carefully polished and softly rounded for beauty and comfort.
Genuine Baltic Amber teething necklaces are a natural healing remedy for teething pain. The power of genuine amber necklaces worn by a teething baby goes back centuries and has been used medicinally in many cultures. Designed to be worn by a fussy, uncomfortable baby, amber teething necklaces provide them with natural pain relief.
Why you'll love our Baltic Amber Teething Necklaces:
- Genuine, authentic Baltic amber - the highest quality available. We searched long and hard to ensure this was the real deal.
- No artificial, synthetic, plastic or reconstituted substitutes for genuine amber. Be leery of lesser quality, cheaper products.
- Only smooth, polished, rounded beads (known as baroque) for you child's comfort. No sharp, pointy nuggets or chips!
- Each amber bead is individually knotted on solid thread (not elasticized!) for safety, so in the event of breakage, only one bead will break off. Thread will not loose shape or stretch out.
Our amber teething necklaces are closed with a twist clasp (screw thread), designed to break under extreme pressure.
- Amber contains naturally-occuring succinic acid which is non-toxic (found in the fozzil resin produced by pine trees) and used in medicinal mixtures by many cultures. This is the same succinic acid found in mainstream pain medication.
- Healing Amber is a safe and effective homoeopathic remedy for teething. A perfect alternative to teething drugs, medication or gels.
- Considered a natural analgesic, amber helps remedy restlessness, irritability, sleep trouble and pain.
- Amber is not a stone so therefore warm to the touch, as well as very light and comfortable to wear.
- Bead size is approx. 4mm-8mm (various) and length is 31-33 cm (12-13.5 inches). Shape varies which adds to it's authenticity.
- Genuine Baltic amber collected from the shores of the Baltic Sea and hand-assembled in Lithuania by small artisans.
- To learn more about our Baltic amber teething necklaces, and how amber works for pain relief, click on the Details tab under the images above.
We've chosen only rounded, smooth amber necklaces for our collection to ensure the intense healing effects of amber are maximized. Amber needs to be warmed against the body which releases the healing oils of the fossilized resin to be absorbed by the skin. Rounded amber beads allow for the most skin exposure which helps to aid in the healing process. Amber is well-known to reduce stress and also give a general sense of wellness to the wearer.
As an alternative to drugs or teething pain, an amber teething necklace is one of the most non-intrusive methods of helping your little one. Worn close to the skin, under your baby's shirt, many parents will attest to the calming effects of amber teething necklaces and are pleased to find a natural method of relieving teething pain without resorting to drugs.
True Baltic amber is not inexpensive. Many imitations on the market are not real amber and instead are hot, plastic resin (made in China is a real clue). Some sellers go through the trouble of actually embedding tiny insects during the setting process so they are look like amber when cooled and solid. Don't be fooled. If you purchase imitation amber you will simply have bought 100% fake plastic beads.
Teething Necklaces - Hazelwood or Baltic Amber? How do I Choose?
A Baltic Amber teething necklace will last for an indefinite amount of time if you’re careful to not break beads, get it coated with lotions or other products, and the safety clasp isn't activated under pressure. Amber is generally used for pain an inflammation only, so as a general rule, if you would treat the condition with a pain reliever, choose Amber.
If you are looking to treat symptoms caused by acidity such as eczema, acid reflux, allergies or frequent rashes, then you’ll want to choose a Hazelwood Necklace for Baby. A hazelwood necklace may also help with teething, just as well, and can also be used in combination with an Amber teething necklace. Your hazelwood necklace should be replaced every 3-6 months.
Safety Concerns when using your Healing Amber Necklace
Genuine Baltic Amber Teething Necklaces are made for wearing, NOT chewing. They are NOT designed for putting in the mouth. Parent supervision is recommended at all times when baby wears a necklace and your child should NEVER be left alone with a necklace on. Always remove your amber necklace from baby when baby is sleeping or unattended. As an alternative, you may wish to wrap the necklace around your baby's ankle, under a sleeper or socks. Your amber teething necklace is considered jewelery and should be treated as such.
The threaded screw in each necklace is removable, although in most cases it is threaded tight enough that it should remain in place. This is how the necklace is designed. The clasp is laboratory tested to release if excessive force is applied to the necklace, which ensures the highest safety. Should the clasp release under normal use, you can easily thread this back into one side of the clasp tightly, and continue to use the necklace.
For more information about Baltic Amber and it's use as a teething necklace select the DETAILS tab above.
Amber necklaces are considered a personal care item. All sales are Final.